Accelerating the world's transition to safe, sustainable, intelligent transportation.
Reporting to the CEO.
Led the company-wide design, development and launch of the Model X: the safest, quickest, most advanced sport utility vehicle ever built and recipient of the 2016 Golden Steering Wheel - one of the most prestigious automotive awards in the world.
• Industry focus on auto and aerospace
• Functional focus on strategy and product development
• Industry focus on eCommerce, tech, and telecom
• Functional focus on strategy, operations, and organization
Developed business strategy, oversaw technology development, and managed partner relationships with military and civilian customers
• Invented a patented planning and control framework for motion planning, threat assessment, and shared-adaptive or autonomous control of passenger vehicles.
• Developed an unmanned variant of this framework shown in real-world trials to improve human performance by over 30% and eliminating 78% of human-caused collisions
• Work secured over $1.8 million in sponsorship agreements
• Devised a market-launch strategy to strategically position this startup's disruptive display technology
• Company subsequently named to the 2011 Red Herring Top 100 based on financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, execution of strategy, and integration into its industry. Alumni of this list include Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Skype, Yahoo, eBay, and Salesforce.com
• First Author of nine leading conference publications - three of which were awarded best in conference - and three international journal publications
• Winner of the 2010 ASME Design of Medical Devices (DMD) presentation competition. DMD is a premier medical device conference with over 1,100 attendees and 140 speakers from academia and industry
• Winner of the MIT Laboratory for Manufacturing and Productivity Student Seminar Series (2009)
• Winner of the ASME International Design Engineering Conference Best Paper Award (2008)
• Invited speaker at various industry fora
• Fluent in Spanish - oral and written
• Four patents in driver assistance and vehicular autonomy
• National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellow - prestigious, 3-year graduate fellowship awarded to <200 students nationally each year (2007-2010)
• Tau Beta Pi Fellow - awarded for outstanding scholarship and exemplary character (2007-08)
• Barry M. Goldwater Scholar - most prestigious award in U.S. for undergraduates in the sciences (2006-07)
• Tau Beta Pi Scholar - awarded for high scholarship, campus leadership, and engineering potential (2006-07)
• Karl G. Maeser Scholar - awarded for demonstrated commitment to service (2006-07)
• Pride at Boeing Award - for exemplary contribution to the 787 rudder tool (2006)
• Eagle Scout (1996)